The first consideration deadline for applications to the MPC program is January 21, 2019.
The Master of Professional Communication program may be for you if you are:
- Excited by textual communication, social media, visual design, and the ways audio or video can be used to persuade, inform, and teach
- Driven to become an excellent communication practitioner with skills that have been enhanced by a theoretical understanding of communication
- Interested in science communication, political communication, visual communication, knowledge mobilization, public relations, risk and crisis communication, marketing communication, corporate communications, and other forms of strategic messaging
- Keen to explore opportunities for professional communicators in corporate, non-profit, education, start ups, freelance and other innovative environments
- A four-year undergraduate degree with a minimum B average (or equivalent) in the final half of the program
- Unofficial transcripts for all relevant post-secondary education. If you are admitted into the program, you will be required to submit official final transcript(s)
- A letter of intent (approximately 500 words) outlining an area of focus and additional qualifications and/or professional experience
- A résumé
- Two letters of recommendation
- A portfolio containing two examples of the applicant’s written communication. At least one of the portfolio pieces should provide an example of academic writing. For each portfolio piece provide the context for its production and explain why the piece was included.
- View our 2018 MPC Info Night recording for program information and application requirements, etc.
- Further resources, including a required documents checklist, is available here.
- MPC Info Night will take place on Wednesday, December 5th, 2018, 6--7:30pm in The Catalyst (RCC 230) on Ryerson's downtown campus.
English Language Proficiency Requirement
Applicants whose language of instruction during their undergraduate studies was other than English are required to submit a test of English language proficiency.
For further information about Master of Professional Communication (MPC) admission, please email Mauro Chiera, Master of Professional Communication Program Administrator at email@example.com.