The ProCom BA encourages critical thinking and is complemented by practical projects to better understand theoretical models and communication processes. The ProCom BA Internship, an optional credit course, gives students an invaluable experience in a workplace environment to complement classroom learning. Students will be able to apply first-hand the knowledge that they’ve acquired throughout their studies and contribute to the communication operations of a participating organization.
This placement takes place in the spring semester of third year in the ProCom BA. The internship runs between 6 to 8 weeks (for a total of 240 to 420 hours) and may involve students performing such tasks as:
- Content development for internal or external communications
- Social media account management
- Corporate website maintenance and content creation
- Media relations, such as drafting press releases and compiling media contact lists
- Graphic design production
- Event planning and/or project support
Interested students must apply to register in the elective and must meet the following requirements:
- A cumulative minimum GPA average of 3.0 (B)
- A 500-word written submission
- One (1) work sample
- A résumé/CV
- An interview
Students will be responsible for sourcing and securing their own individual placements and all organizations wishing to host an intern must complete a Sponsor Placement Proposal Form.
For detailed instructions on applying to and participating in the ProCom BA Internship, please see the 2016 ProCom Undergraduate Internship Handbook (2017 Handbook coming soon!).
For additional information about the ProCom BA Internship, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.