The first consideration deadline for applications to the MPC program is January 20th, 2017.
The Master of Professional Communication program may be for you if you are:
- Fascinated with text, social media, visual design, audio or video that can be used to persuade, to inform, or to teach
- Driven to become an excellent practitioner enhanced with a theoretical understanding of communication
- Interested in science communication, political communication, visual communication, knowledge mobilization, public relations, risk and crisis communication, marketing communication, corporate communications and other forms of strategic messaging
- Keen to explore opportunities for professional communicators in corporate, non-profit, education, start ups, freelance and various other environments
- A four-year undergraduate degree with a minimum B average (or equivalent) in the final half of the program
- Official transcripts for all relevant post-secondary education
- A letter of intent outlining an area of focus and additional qualifications and/or professional experience
- A résumé
- Two letters of recommendation
- A portfolio containing two examples of the applicant’s written communication. At least one of the portfolio pieces should provide an example of academic writing. For each portfolio piece provide the context for its production and explain why the piece was included.
- View our 2016 Master of Professional Communication (MPC) Info Night recording for application support.
- Further resources, including a required documents checklist, is available here.
English Language Proficiency Requirement
Applicants whose instruction during their undergraduate studies was in a language other than English are required to submit a test of English language proficiency.
For further information about Master of Professional Communicatin (MPC) admission, please email Mauro Chiera, Master of Professional Communication Program Administrator at email@example.com.